Shepparton Festival is seeking expressions of interest from creatives for artistic works to be presented within 2022 Festival period (18 March to 3 April). We encourage creatives across all artistic media, platforms, practices and career stages to apply. There are no creative restraints or parameters, so think outside the square and let’s work together to create the 26th Shepparton Festival!
Shepparton Festival is a multidisciplinary, regional arts festival that aims to reach a broad demographic, to be inclusive and contemporary as well as to provide opportunities for events, local businesses and locally grown content to THRIVE. In March 2022, we will offer a comprehensive program of curated art, performances, workshops, and food/wine experiences across multiple venues and spaces to transform Greater Shepparton.
WHAT DO I NEED FOR AN EOI SUBMISSION?
Shepparton Festival is open access, which means that anyone can register to be part of it and we’re here to assist you EVERY step of the way. There are some things you will need to submit an EOI:
- WHAT? An awesome event or original artistic concept
- WHERE? A venue – talk to us if you need help finding one
- WHEN? Dates and times – when is it going to happen?
- HOW MUCH? Ticket prices – ‘free’ is also an option
Please complete our online EOI form by midnight 5 September 2021. You don’t have to submit everything in one go – start drafting your application, save it and then come back to it later.
Applications that demonstrate alignment with some of the guiding principles and actions outlined in Creative State Strategy 2021 – 2025 will be highly regarded.
PROMOTION AND HELP FROM SHEPPARTON FESTIVAL?
- If you need it, we will help you with the application process. We’ll assist you with any questions and talk through what your EOI plans and options .
- If successful, your event will be included in the festival guide. Last year we printed 20,000 pocket guides and 5,000 full guides. These were then distributed across the GV. The guide will also be made available on our website.
- Your event will have a dedicated event listing on the Shepparton Festival website.
- At least one social media post (Facebook, Instagram) in the lead up to your event.
We can’t wait to read about your ideas. If you need help contact our Creative Director, Jamie Lea email@example.com
You can start your application and save your progress at any time.
Start your application
About the SELECTION Process
Shepparton Festival has a selection panel who take into account many factors in the selection of final EOIs to be included in our 2022 program. If an EOI is not chosen for further development, other avenues for its exploration may be considered and suggested.
Selection of an EOI is based upon a combination of some or all the following factors:
- Demonstrates artistic integrity, uniqueness and innovation in creative output
- Accessibility and inclusion
- Increases the value, perception and pride of Greater Shepparton
- Aligns with our vision and goals as detailed in our Strategic Plan
- Alignment with some* of the guiding principles and actions within the Victorian State Government’s Creative State Strategy
- Demonstrates consideration of festival theme THRIVE
- Quality and completeness of the final EOI submission
- Appropriate cost modelling
* we realise that not all principles can be covered in a single event. The Festival itself will aim to cover many of these principles in our selection of a range of event/projects that appeal to a wide audience.
The decision by the panel is final. Notification of the status of applications are made via email up to five weeks after the closing date and no information will be available before the selection process is complete.
The Shepparton Festival Team